Cristiano Ronaldo has admitted that his fierce individual competition with Barcelona captain Lionel Messi has benefited both sides.
Ronaldo talked to the Portuguese TVl station about the match that brought him to the Barcelona legend, especially while they were together in the Spanish league when the Portuguese star was in the ranks of Real Madrid.
"I have no doubt that Messi has made me a better player," said Ronaldo.
He continued: "I admire what Messi has achieved, and has publicly expressed his regret for leaving the Spanish league, because he loved this competitiveness."
He added: "Messi admitted that Real Madrid's victory in the Champions League three times in a row harassed a bit, and this is normal, just as I would have felt if it happened with Barcelona."
He continued: "It is an outstanding match in the world of football, and has gone through Michael Jordan in basketball, and Ayrton Senna against Prost in Formula 1, which they all share is a healthy competition."
"I have a perfect professional relationship with Messi, because we have shared the same moments for 15 years."
He explained the importance of individual titles: "When Messi sees me win individual titles, it certainly hurts, and this applies to me, I admire his career."
"We never had a dinner table, but I see no reason to do it in the future. He is an Argentinian, and my friend is Argentinian too, so I see no problem," he said.
Ronaldo and Messi each won five gold balls, and their match has been overshadowed by the fierce clasico clashes for a decade.

0 Comments